Wednesday, January 4, 2017

What is Fischer Fitness?

Facebook seems confused. I keep getting prompted to change the "category" on my business page. I think FB is just not sure exactly what Fischer Fitness is. Sports and Recreation? Massage? Cooking? Periodically I will get comments from family or friends like, "So what are you doing NOW?" or "You do so many different things!". I thought I might try to clarify exactly what this business is all about.

I have a Bachelor of Science in Physical Education. Back in the early 90's when I went to college, my official degree was BS in PE, with a concentration in Exercise Science and Pre-Physical Therapy. I have had an obsession with teaching fitness since I started teaching aerobics classes when I was 18. That has remained a constant in my life. In 1997-98, I went to massage school and added that to what I was doing (fitness instruction/personal training). Through the years I have developed a passion for cooking, and because so many of my training clients ask about healthy eating, it seemed natural to add that to my business as well.

More than anything, I want to help people live a full, balanced, happy life. In my opinion, all of the things I do are an essential part of healthy living. We all need to figure out what moves us. Not everyone enjoys going for a run, or going to a gym, but we all need movement in our lives. Many people have given up on cooking because they are just too busy. To those people I would say, Slow down! Take care of yourself. Treat yourself to a massage. Learn how to implement simple healthy meals into your day so that you can spend time around the table with people you love.

I hope your 2017 is starting out beautiful! Take good care of yourselves!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot for letting me know about Fischer Fitness! I really did not know about the it before landing your blog. I would like to recommend you gyms in Nashville at nextlevelfitness.com, if you love to always fit and smart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superbly written article,fitness instructor if only all bloggers offered the same content as you, the internet would be a far better place..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bodybuilding is much like any other sport. To be successful, you must dedicate yourself 100% to your training, diet and mental approach. http://balanceexpo.ie/

    ReplyDelete