- I think I look pretty darn good for 41, thank you very much. I'm not saying that to brag, I'm saying it because now I actually mean it. It's taken me a long time to be really happy about my body. I'm strong. Even though jeans are difficult for me to find since my thighs and hips are muscular, I'm ok with it.
- My skin on my abs may not be quite as tight as it used to be. In fact, I will forever rock a significant c-section scar thanks to my fireball of a second son. However, I can put my arms around both my boys. I can hug and kiss them whenever I want, which is often these days in light of the recent Connecticut tragedy.
- I watched my 4 (almost 5) year old son learn to read and do math this year.
- I have clients that continue to get stronger. In fact, this morning I worked out with two amazing women. I watched one grab a set of 12 pound dumbbells for incline chest press. I rolled my eyes, told her to put them down and grab 20 pound dumbbells. She did and she ROCKED it! Both of these women are lifting heavier than ever and are much smaller than when we started working together. Nice.
- I have a husband who is my best friend, my biggest cheerleader, and an amazing father.
- I have an extended family that I love and adore.
- I have friends that mean the world to me.
- I am thankful I can do what I love and educate others.
Life is good at 41. Be good to yourselves. Laugh as much as possible today and hold your loved ones close.