I love the enthusiasm and energy people have early in the year. January brings new people to the gym, and somehow gives people hope that this is the year they will get in better shape and develop better nutritional habits. Sometimes it lasts a few months, sometimes only a few weeks. I'm always interested to see who is still around in March.
It is possible, you know. And it may be simpler than you think. Take a walk. Ride a bike. Check out the exercise videos in the On Demand section on TV. The bottom line if you are getting started is to get up and MOVE more! We sit far too much. We move way too little. Set some specific goals and find a friend or family member who you can work out with. You have a much higher chance of success if you have a partner to do this with.
My own personal resolutions are:
1. Get at least 7 hours of sleep each night
2. Walk, run or dance with my kids every day
3. Try 1 new recipe every week
4. Get all the papers in my office filed appropriately
5. Find a great personal training conference to attend in the next 6 months
I hope you have set your own goals for the year and that they include movement!